João Távora schrieb am Mi., 30. Mai 2018 um 00:31 Uhr: > On Tue, May 29, 2018, 22:21 Philipp Stephani > wrote: > >> >> >> João Távora schrieb am Di., 29. Mai 2018 um >> 16:59 Uhr: >> >>> >>> I used a global to control json-serialize's interpretation of lists, but >>> it could be an argument as well. >> >> >> Please don't add global state to json.c. It's a low-level library that >> shouldn't rely on global state (and global state should generally be >> avoided in libraries). Not having global state was one of my explicit >> design goals for json.c >> > > Well, it's not really "global state" in the sense I believe you're talking > about, because no part of the library is maintaining any state in global > variables -- it's read-only from json.c. > Every defvar, defcustom, defconst is global mutable state. > > That said, if that's your only objection, consider that duck removed :) > > It's not my only objection, I just didn't have time yet to review the rest of the code, sorry.