Eli Zaretskii schrieb am Sa., 10. Sep. 2016 um 09:21 Uhr: > > From: Philipp Stephani > > Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2016 17:18:12 +0000 > > Cc: 24372@debbugs.gnu.org > > > > A simpler recipe that doesn't need explicit focus events is > > > > emacs -Q -eval '(progn (setq blink-cursor-delay 0.0) > (blink-cursor-suspend) (blink-cursor-check))' > > > > and then start moving point. > > > > OK, I guess one issue is that setting blink-cursor-delay doesn't restart > blink-cursor-idle-timer. (Similarly, > > changing blink-cursor-interval doesn't restart blink-cursor-timer.) > While obviously we can't fix that when using > > setq, I'd suggest adding custom setters to the variables nevertheless. > I've attached a patch for this. It shouldn't be controversial because it only reduces the possibility for surprises, but doesn't change any behavior. > > > > The direct cause of the issue seems to be that, when blink-cursor-delay > is idle, after every command > > blink-cursor-start is called immediately, which hides the cursor. > > Thanks. Does the patch below fix the issue, without introducing any > adverse side effects? > > It does introduce the adverse side effect that now the first blink takes one second (the sum of cursor-blink-delay and cursor-blink-interval). I've attached another patch with the change I have in mind.