Katsumi Yamaoka schrieb am Di., 26. Sep. 2017 um 06:44 Uhr: > On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 10:01:30 +0900, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote: > > Emacs screen often becomes blank or blinks. This didn't happen > > the last weekend, doesn't happen sometimes but often happens. > > Changing the window configuration --- scrolling a window, showing > > a message of two or more lines in the echo area, etc. --- seems > > to cause it. More funny thing is, when two Emacsen are running, > > the one of which the frame is not selected becomes blank. > > Typing any key in the selected blank frame will help, as if > > (sit-for ∞) is running. > > Reverting the change c0af83b[1] solves this problem. > > [1] > Don't attempt to disable double buffering in newer GTK+ versions > > > Sigh, I had almost expected this would happen. Reverted with 2fa19cc551. But now we have another time bomb in the codebase: the gtk_widget_set_double_buffered function is deprecated and will probably be removed sometime. This makes the migration to a pure GTK+ build even more pressing.