Paul Eggert schrieb am So., 4. Feb. 2018 um 20:36 Uhr: > Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > restricting Lisp symbols that way sounds too harsh > > OK, I'll omit that patch. > > We still have a problem with Emacs Lisp code containing confusable > characters > that can make the code exceedingly hard to review. These characters are > currently not caught or checked by anything. We really should do better. > > The following should be unintrusive and not too hard: Let the reader push all confusable symbols (i.e. symbols that contain at least one unescaped character from the Unicode confusables list that maps to a sequence of ASCII characters) onto an internal dynamic variable. The byte compiler can then emit warnings if that variable becomes non-nil.