Paul Eggert schrieb am Di., 23. Mai 2017 um 19:36 Uhr: > On 05/23/2017 03:17 AM, Philipp Stephani wrote: > > I haven't tested it, but I'm pretty sure that adding > > -Wno-missing-braces should work. > > I'd feel more comfortable if you tested it and then committed it to master. > Done (cd9c7a0617). > > > it would be more future-proof to explicitly specify -Wno... > > In my experience it's a waste of time to try to future-proof or to > retrofit GCC's warnings, or Clang's for that matter. The warnings are > too flaky and are too mutable from one version to the next. At best we > can arrange for recent GCC to not warn on a few common configurations. > Maybe Clang too, if someone takes the time to do that. > As long as I compile on macOS, I guess I'll be bothered enough to try to keep the warnings at bay.