Eli Zaretskii schrieb am Mi., 5. Okt. 2016, 09:38: > > From: Tino Calancha > > Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 16:10:25 +0900 (JST) > > cc: Tino Calancha , emacs-devel@gnu.org > > > > > This proposal has a disadvantage of being confusingly similar to what > > > call-process provides, except that there the cdr is a file name, not a > > > buffer. > > I see as an advantage: it follows similar syntaxis as `call-process', so > > it's easier to remember. > > So you see an advantage where I see a disadvantage. Interesting. > > > The difference 'buffer' <--> 'file' makes clear in the doc strings. > > It is IME best not to create confusion that requires to read the > documentation in the first place. > > > > What advantages do you see to adding this convenience feature, when > > > make-process already provides it? > > Again, some people may be familiar with (buf-out . buf-err) idiom from > > `call-process', and they may be reluctant to use functions using > > keyword arguments. Not my case, though. > > Does anyone else have an opinion on this proposal? > My opinion would be to mark start-process as obsolete. >