Eli Zaretskii schrieb am Sa., 31. März 2018 um 12:45 Uhr: > > From: Philipp Stephani > > Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 10:28:58 +0000 > > Cc: 纪秀峰 , emacs-devel@gnu.org > > > > I agree that customization isn't the best solution here. However, I'm > suprised that `save-some-buffers' > > still prompts even if :noprompt is passed. > > The issue might be in `save-some-buffers': Its docstring says "If PRED > is t, then certain non-file buffers > > will also be considered.", but later it only checks whether PRED is > non-nil: > > > > (or > > (buffer-file-name buffer) > > (with-current-buffer buffer > > (or (eq buffer-offer-save 'always) > > (and pred buffer-offer-save (> (buffer-size) > 0))))) > > > > Maybe instead of `pred' here we should say (eq pred t). Alternative, > the predicate lambda should check > > whether `buffer-file-name' is non-nil. > > > > Probably the second option is better because the first option would > prevent PRED from running for > > non-file-visiting buffers. Patch attached. > > AFAIU, this will unconditionally disable auto-saving in *ediff-merge* > and all the similar buffers, when auto-save-visited-mode is turned > on. Is that what we want? And if that's going to be the default, how > are users supposed to override it if they want? > I think not prompting is the right approach. It's not very user-friendly to interrupt the user every couple of seconds, and no other application I know that has autosave prompts the user for filenames. I think we should change the behavior by applying the patch; if some users do want to be interrupted, we can still add a customization option later.