Alan Third schrieb am Di., 26. Dez. 2017 um 22:16 Uhr: > On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 08:14:59PM +0000, Philipp Stephani wrote: > > Alan Third schrieb am Di., 26. Dez. 2017 um 18:42 Uhr: > > > > > Do you think this patch is still good? > > > > > > > I think so, modulo the caveats mentioned in the comments. Do you want me > to > > rebase and commit it? > > As far as I can tell from the comments with the patch installed we > should be no worse off than we are at the moment? > I think it introduces some minor other issues (when a shift-like and a control-like key are used at the same time), but the overall benefit should be positive. > > I can’t quite work this out from a quick look at the code, but is it > the case that when option or command is bound to meta or super then it > acts as a control‐like modifier, but when it’s unbound then it acts as > a shift‐like modifier? > The macOS code doesn't check whether certain keystrokes are bound. Rather, it uses the ns-FOO-modifier customization options. > > So this should give us the same behaviour for both keys that we have > with option just now? > Yes, command and option should have the same behavior (controlled by customization options). > > > If the latter, I'm not sure whether the macOS event model allows us to do > > this. As mentioned in the comments in the patch, some information just > > appears to be lost entirely. > > I recently found myself using this lovely binding: > > (define-key global-map [C-s-268632064] > 'ns-do-show-character-palette) > > and it seems crazy to me that the default behaviour of Emacs requires > us to use 268632064 instead of SPC when we could tell people using > unusual keyboard layouts to set a variable or something instead. > > As for losing data, as long as it’s no worse than what we have at the > moment, which I believe you said is the case in a previous email, then > I don’t see a problem with that. > > But perhaps I’ve misunderstood and there’s some worse behaviour? > > I think it should be a significant improvement in practice. I'd suggest to apply it and see whether we get any complaints.