all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* vc-p4 in emacs-25.0.50
@ 2015-04-23  9:26 Lode Leroy
From: Lode Leroy @ 2015-04-23  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I am trying out emacs-25 on windows, downloaded from
   http://kent.dl.sourceforge.net/project/emacsbinw64/snapshot/emacs-bin-w64-20150422-
dbd65c7.7z

I (have to) use perforce, for which I downloaded vc-p4.el from
   https://swarm.workshop.perforce.com/view/guest/magnus_henoch/vc-p4/
and have been using in previous versions of emacs with success.
However, it hasn't been maintained and now it's broken due to the
recent developments in vc.el

Is anyone else using vc-p4 and updated it to use with the new vc-mode?

-- lode

* Re: vc-p4 in emacs-25.0.50
@ 2015-04-24  7:03 ` Philipp Stephani
       [not found]   ` <CA+N9e5abECLkEtygbnf_8emhHr59OVa=EAKj+tJSnQ4z2J+QnA@mail.gmail.com>
From: Philipp Stephani @ 2015-04-24  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lode Leroy, emacs-devel

Lode Leroy <lode.leroy@gmail.com> schrieb am Do., 23. Apr. 2015 um
14:03 Uhr:

> I am trying out emacs-25 on windows, downloaded from
>
> http://kent.dl.sourceforge.net/project/emacsbinw64/snapshot/emacs-bin-w64-20150422-
> dbd65c7.7z
>
> I (have to) use perforce, for which I downloaded vc-p4.el from
>    https://swarm.workshop.perforce.com/view/guest/magnus_henoch/vc-p4/
> and have been using in previous versions of emacs with success.
> However, it hasn't been maintained and now it's broken due to the
> recent developments in vc.el
>
> Is anyone else using vc-p4 and updated it to use with the new vc-mode?

p4.el is an actively-developed alternative that doesn't use vc, so maybe
try that instead? https://github.com/gareth-rees/p4.el

* Re: vc-p4 in emacs-25.0.50
       [not found]   ` <CA+N9e5abECLkEtygbnf_8emhHr59OVa=EAKj+tJSnQ4z2J+QnA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2015-05-07 14:48     ` Philipp Stephani
From: Philipp Stephani @ 2015-05-07 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lode Leroy, help-gnu-emacs

+help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
(adding back the list, I'm not a p4.el expert myself)

Lode Leroy <lode.leroy@gmail.com> schrieb am Fr., 24. Apr. 2015 um
10:31 Uhr: