Eli Zaretskii schrieb am So., 31. Dez. 2017 um 17:38 Uhr: > > From: Philipp Stephani > > Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 16:16:02 +0000 > > Cc: 29812@debbugs.gnu.org > > > > AFAIK, electric-quote-replace-double is supposed to work in comments > > and strings in buffers under programming language modes, not only in > > text modes. And it works correctly for me in C modes and also in Lisp > > comments, so why not in Lisp strings? > > > > Does it work as expected for you in C strings? I see the same behavior > in C strings as in Lisp. > > In C, "\"foo\"" produces ASCII quotes. > Did you enable electric-quote-string? > > > Anyway, if this feature is not supposed to work reliably in > > programming language strings, perhaps we shouldn't try? Having it > > sometimes work and sometimes not is IMO confusing. > > > > It should work in comments and strings, yes. However, given that the > behavior is heuristic in all cases it's hard > > to define what the correct behavior should be. > > Well, can you give an example where it does work in strings? Maybe > I'm missing something, because it looked to me as if it never works in > that case. > Depends on what you mean with "work". A bare " should always close the string; after a \ it currently inserts an opening quote because it only looks back one character.