Paul Eggert schrieb am Di., 29. Nov. 2016 um 22:35 Uhr: > On 11/29/2016 01:19 PM, Daniel Colascione wrote: > > Even*with* a PIC Emacs (which I hope is the default, because ASLR > > greatly improves security), we can get these savings if > > mmap(BASE_ADDRESS_STORED_IN_DUMP, ...) succeeds and we can map the dump > > where we want. If we can't map the dump where we want, we'll just > > relocate it. > > Although your other advantages sound good, this one sounds worrisome. If > Emacs maps the dump to the same place every time, we are giving up ASLR > for the dump itself Is that actually the case? Looking at the code, I see nothing that would prevent dumping with ASLR enabled.