Joris Vankerschaver schrieb am Fr., 7. Apr. 2017 um 10:52 Uhr: > Hi all, > > I wrote a small Emacs dynamic module to execute Python scripts in an > embedded > Python interpreter (https://github.com/jvkersch/emacs-python). The main > thing > missing is that I would like to do some cleanup in the embedded Python > interpreter when Emacs exits (close open files, deal with > threads/processes, > etc). What would be the best way to do so? > > 1. Can I just register an atexit handler when my module starts, or will > that > interfere with some Emacs internals? > Unless you attempt to call Emacs functions in the atexit handler, that should be fine. > > 2. Would it make sense to add support to the module API for a cleanup > callback > that is called when Emacs exits? > You can already use the hook `kill-emacs-hook' as usual. That's especially useful if your cleanup needs to interact with Emacs.