Drew Adams schrieb am So., 27. Nov. 2016 um 19:25 Uhr: > > > FWIW, I think that if any changes are made to dotimes they > > > should be in the direction of Common Lisp dotimes. > > > > How do Elisp's dotimes and Common Lisp's dotimes differ? > > http://clhs.lisp.se/Body/m_dotime.htm > > It respects `return' and `return-from'. It allows tags > (for `go'). > A variant of `dotimes' that supports such constructs (only the "return" ones though) is available in cl-lib.el: `cl-dotimes'. > > For purposes of this thread: As in Emacs Lisp, both VAR > and COUNT are required arguments. In general, I'd prefer > that Emacs Lisp not diverge from but converge toward > Common Lisp. > > > The (implicit) decision to diverge further from Common Lisp has been made a while ago, by prefixing the CL functions with `cl' and importing the `seq' and `map' libraries, which provide similar functionality, but with a different interface. Regarding third-party package, the hugely popular `dash' library advertises itself with "No CL required." Given these indicators, I'd expect the divergence to increase further instead of decrease.