Michael Albinus schrieb am Mo., 18. Juni 2018 um 17:17 Uhr: > Hi, > > these days I'm working on bug#31704. The point is, that for searching of > programs, always `exec-path' (a list of local directories) is taken, > even if the shell runs on a remote host. Therefore, I propose a new > function `remote-exec-path'. In case of a remote `default-directory', > the function returns a list of directories which belong to that > host. Implemented via file name handlers. For a local > `default-directory', `exec-path' is returned. > > And while we are at this, a second new function `remote-executable-find' > comes to mind. Like `executable-find', it returns the local absolute > file name of a command, also determined by `default-directory'. This > function doesn't need file name handlers, it would use > `remote-exec-path' for its implementation. > > I don't need `remote-executable-find' for fixing bug#31704, but I > remember that such a function has been asked for in the past. > > Comments? > There have been multiple occasions where such functions would have been handy for me, so I'm strongly in favor of adding them. Thanks!