Eli Zaretskii schrieb am Mo., 7. Dez. 2015 um 19:48 Uhr: > > From: Philipp Stephani > > Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2015 18:37:55 +0000 > > > > Eli Zaretskii schrieb am So., 22. Nov. 2015 um 19:25 Uhr: > > > > Does dynlib_laddr (and its underlying library function dladdr) work > on > > Posix hosts when the module was stripped of any unneeded symbols? > > > > Well written Emacs modules will have all but one of its functions > > static and un-exported, so the only way to access the name of a > > function by its address is to read a symbol table of some kind. Does > > that work with *.so files that were run through "strip > --strip-unneeded"? > > > > Probably not, but I haven't tested it. I've added dladdr because I found > it > > useful for debugging myself and it's easy to implement, and I guess > during > > debugging people will often work with unstripped libraries. > > The information from dynlib_addr is used every time there's a fatal > error in a module, so it's not just for debugging the module by its > author, it's also for users to report when they encounter errors while > using the module. > Sure, but having that info in debug mode is better than nothing. To have reliable function name information, we need to change the interface of make_function to accept a symbol name parameter and have make_function assign the new function to the symbol. That would be fine with me: it makes the interface of make_function even more complex, but it would automatically cover the most common case.