Stefan Monnier schrieb am Fr., 16. Juni 2017 um 21:53 Uhr: > >> > I think this statement is surprising > >> Agreed. That's why we have to write it explicitly in the doc ;-) > > Could we also write it in the docstrings of the match-related functions > > (match-beginning etc.)? I guess people are more likely to read those than > > the manual. > > That might work, yes (tho in my experience, Elisp coder don't read > docstrings nearly as much as I would have expected). > I guess a reasonable expectation is that nobody ever reads documentation. Therefore systems should do the right thing when used in the most obvious way.