all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Philipp Stephani <p.stephani2@gmail.com>
To: Alan Third <alan@idiocy.org>
Cc: Emacs-Devel devel <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Autodetect imagemagick on macOS + Homebrew
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 18:35:41 +0000	[thread overview]

Alan Third <alan@idiocy.org> schrieb am Mi., 10. Jan. 2018 um 22:38 Uhr:

> When imagemagick 6 is installed on macOS using Homebrew it can be a
> bit of a faff to get Emacs built with it. The attached patch
> automatically adds it to PKG_CONFIG_PATH if Homebrew is detected.

I'm wondering whether these concatenations work if the packages aren't
installed. `brew --prefix texinfo 2>/dev/null`/bin results in /bin if
texinfo isn't installed, but this might be a bit too implicit and brittle -
how certain are we that brew will print the empty string here forever?
Maybe it would be better to check the return value of brew and append the
path segments only if it has suceeded.