John Wiegley schrieb am Mi., 20. Sep. 2017 um 17:38 Uhr: > >>>>> "CP" == Clément Pit-Claudel writes: > > CP> I'm not too sure: take the example of visual-line-mode: how do you make > CP> that idempotent without explicitly checking whether the mode has > already > CP> been activated? > > Also, is there a motivation for introducing this new requirement, seeing as > how we've never had such a restriction in the past? > Some cases I've come across (for lsp-mode, which is currently not idempotent): - Enabling a minor mode in both a parent and a derived mode hook. - Restoring buffers from the desktop file. In such cases minor modes are activated twice, causing errors if they are not idempotent.