Alan Mackenzie schrieb am So., 10. Sep. 2017 um 13:42 Uhr: > > > - Before this change is pushed to master, or shortly after, I'd like to > > know that it actually fixed the problem Philipp experienced with > > python-mode, so we can revert 4fbd330. If it was caused by e.g. > > syntax-table changing, we've not improved much. > > Philipp, any chance of you trying out python mode with this patch but > without 4fbd330? Unfortunately the problem wasn't easily reproducible back then. The problem would occur from time to time, but I never found a way to trigger it reproducibly. Therefore the unit test I've added in the commit artificially generates the symptom. The root cause is still unknown; while syntax-ppss and narrowing might be a potential root cause (the fontification code uses both), it might also be something else.