David Bremner schrieb am Sa., 19. Dez. 2015 um 19:56 Uhr: > > I'm maintaining a tool in debian that installs package.el packages so > they can be managed by the system package system. > > For various reasons (see http://reproducible-builds.org for motivations) > it is desirable if packages unpack into elpa directories in a > reproducible (i.e. bit identical every time) way. Unfortunately > update-directory-autoloads uses (current-time), which effectively means > this unpacking is different every time. It would be nice to be able to > override the time used, or perhaps eliminate the timestamp entirely. > My understanding of https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2015-12/msg00309.html is that the goal is to make Emacs builds fully deterministic (even by default, or as the only option). According to https://reproducible-builds.org/docs/timestamps/ it would be great to avoid timestamps in loaddef files (and everywhere else) entirely.