Lars Ingebrigtsen schrieb am Mi., 30. Nov. 2016 um 16:48 Uhr: > Dmitry Gutov writes: > > > In json-encode? Should it really deal with that concern explicitly? > > > > I could understand an idea along the lines of "use a different > > algorithm", but calling encode-coding-string inside json-encode sounds > > odd. > > Yes, this is not a json.el problem at all. It does the correct thing, > and shouldn't be changed. > Agreed. Neither symbol-function nor concat nor the JSON function do anything wrong here. > > It's just url.el being lacking in features, as usual. > > > I don't think url.el needs to grow features for encoding; after all, Emacs already has functions for that. I'd rather add an explicit check for unibyte-ness of url-request-data and document that url-request-data must be a unibyte string or nil.