Stefan Monnier schrieb am Sa., 16. Dez. 2017 um 23:36 Uhr: > > -@defun json-parse-string string > > +@defun json-parse-string string &key (object-type 'hash-table) > > Emacs generally avoids keyword arguments. > > I consider them acceptable only for macros (where the cost of parsing > arguments is acceptable since it's done at compile time) or for > function which both need many optional arguments (so positional > arguments are unwieldy) and whose runtime is significant enough that > parsing keyword arguments is a non-issue (e.g. make-process). > > Given that there's only one optional argument here, I'd rather have it > be a &optional one. > > I don't like optional arguments. They make the call sites less readable, because it becomes less clear what the meaning of an argument is. I don't care about saving a few nanoseconds; that's premature optimization.