Eli Zaretskii schrieb am So., 1. Apr. 2018 um 19:35 Uhr: > > From: Philipp Stephani > > Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2018 17:19:38 +0000 > > Cc: jixiuf@qq.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org > > > > > Probably the second option is better because the first option would > prevent PRED from running for > > > non-file-visiting buffers. Patch attached. > > > > AFAIU, this will unconditionally disable auto-saving in *ediff-merge* > > and all the similar buffers, when auto-save-visited-mode is turned > > on. Is that what we want? And if that's going to be the default, how > > are users supposed to override it if they want? > > > > I think not prompting is the right approach. It's not very user-friendly > to interrupt the user every couple of > > seconds, and no other application I know that has autosave prompts the > user for filenames. I think we should > > change the behavior by applying the patch; if some users do want to be > interrupted, we can still add a > > customization option later. > > AFAIU, you are not disabling the prompt, you are disabling the > auto-saving itself for such buffers. I'm asking if that is what we > want -- disable auto-saving for buffers like *ediff-merge* when > auto-save-visited-mode is turned on. > I think that's the right thing to do, yes.