Eli Zaretskii schrieb am Mo., 16. Okt. 2017 um 20:58 Uhr: > > From: Brian Julin > > Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 18:11:29 +0000 > > > > Ever since xterm.el added bracketed paste mode support, the #6 yank > > yanks the line of text which was pasted. Though this is stated in the > > code comments as the desired behavior, it certainly is not the way I > > personally wish emacs to behave. I much prefer the window system > > clipboard and selection system to have absolutely nothing to do at all > > with the emacs kill-ring (unless I run a command like x-clipboard-yank > > explicitly.) > > > > Normally when an upgrade starts behaving in a new and upsetting > > manner, I would google and find, after quite a tedious process of > > reading random forum threads for tangentially related issues until > > I find one that actually addresses my issue, that there was a > configuration > > variable available for my /etc/site-start.d files to customize such a > behavior. > > In this case there appears to be none. > > Thank you for your report. Would you be willing to submit a patch > that introduces a defcustom which will allow to disable bracketed > paste mode even if the terminal support it? > > Does this need a new user option, or shouldn't the behavior rather respect the value of `select-enable-clipboard'?