Stefan Monnier schrieb am Fr., 27. März 2015 um 23:46 Uhr: > > Currently when trying to compile as a position-independent executable, > > e.g. > > > ./configure CFLAGS=-fPIE LDFLAGS=-pie && make > > > Emacs segfaults when dumping. > > I have no idea why it would crash during the dumping process, but > I wouldn't be surprised if after a successful dump of `temacs', the > resulting `emacs' crashes early on, since the dump will be writing > a heap which will probably contain pointers back into the code. > > > I haven't investigated why it crashes in detail, but since the dumper prevents ASLR and PIE (and doesn't work on platforms such as Chromium), I think it should be replaced by a portable dumper.