schrieb am Sa., 8. Apr. 2017 um 17:37 Uhr: > Philipp Stephani writes: > > >>> - Coupling of unrelated entities is always an antipattern. > >>> - For N iterables and M looping constructs, you need to implement > >>> N*M integrations. > > > > Yes, I don't care about Common Lisp. The iter-by clause is less of a > > problem than 'buffers' etc. because it's not a one-off that couples a > > looping construct with some random semantics. > > It's sort of related to Drew's concerns in that Emacs deals with the N*M > problem by setting M=1, hence why only cl-loop gets the pressure to add > more enhancments. > > There are some practical problem with iter-defun though: it has several > bugs on which there doesn't seem to be any movement[1][2][3], That's unfortunate, because it's a really well-designed library. Stefan has apparently resumed work on these issues (e.g commit 89898e43c7ceef28bb3c2116b4d8a3ec96d9c8da), so let's hope they will be fixed eventually. > it's > reported to be slow[4], and cl-loop's iter-by keyword is not documented > at all (that could be easily fixed, at least). I wonder if streams[5] > is a better direction. > Maybe, though I'd be hesitant to add yet another library for the same thing to Emacs, and I much prefer generator.el's interface.