Philipp Stephani schrieb am Di., 19. Sep. 2017 um 17:35 Uhr: > martin rudalics schrieb am So., 3. Sep. 2017 um > 13:49 Uhr: > >> >> > The underlying issue here is that GTK no longer seems to have a >> concept of >> > a "background color", but Emacs still assumes that concept exists. >> >> I understand. But can't we catch that in a less intimidating way? >> > > If you only talk about code restructuring, then sure. But if we want to > emulate (instead of just disable) background colors, then some more work is > needed. > > At least setting the background color should be doable in a non-deprecated way using a custom CSS provider, see attached patch.