Paul Eggert schrieb am Fr., 14. Juli 2017 um 14:49 Uhr: > > Currently electric-quote-mode only replaces ' and `. I propose that > > it also replace " with a left double quote after spaces, newlines, and > > open parentheses, and with a right double quote after alphanumerics and > > other punctuation. > > This sounds reasonable, though I suppose it should be controlled by an > option, > since some people may prefer the current behavior where `` and '' are the > only > convenient ways to get curved double quotes. > > Also, shouldn't it always replace " with a curved quote of one flavor of > the > other? I'm puzzled as to why one would want " to stay straight, when the > option > is enabled. > > > OK, here's a patch.