All, I've finished the basic development for handling odc cpio archives and pushed the code to github (https://github.com/dlewan/cpio-mode). Code for hpodc should be there within a week or so, but I've been having problems working with binary data. So, that may take longer. After that, I have the following tasks: (1) fontify a la dired, (2) picking major modes for entry contents a la M-x find-file, (3) figure out how to handle nlinks > 1, (4) fix lingering bugs, polish. -- ,Doug Douglas Lewan (908) 720-7908 Member of the PKRA.