2014-10-20 6:40 GMT+04:00 Stefan Monnier : > > eldoc-documentation-function-default() > > Problem is: "grep" tells me that "eldoc-documentation-function-default" > does not appear anywhere in Emacs's `trunk' code. > > Could it be that you have some old file getting in the way somewhere? > Maybe a "make bootstrap" is needed? > I keep source and build directories of Emacs separately. (The build directory is not a subdir of the source tree.) And from time to time I rebuild Emacs by invoking: make && sudo make install. I've "grepped" for "eldoc-documentation-function-default" in my *source* tree and found *binary* matches. (Probably, sometime I've invoke make in the source directory.) Thus, I am clean the source tree and rebuild Emacs. The problem is gone, so it is mea culpa, rather than bug. Sorry! But this is a question. Why "make install" invoked in the *build* directory after updating the source tree messed up the installation? Thanks! -- // Dmitriy.