On Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 2:42 PM Stefan Monnier wrote: > > What is going on, here? Is the run-with-timer mechanism being used > > deliberately to make the "deprecated" message prevail over other > > messages? > > That's my best guess, yes. Wouldn't that kind of message be a perfect candidate for a warning instead? Warnings are underused in Emacs now, but they have advantages, like the ability to filter them by level/priority. The warnings are shown in its own buffer (and window), but by using fit-to-buffer and the new window machinery we could perhaps make them less jarring and still hard to miss.