all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#11561: Window config corruption when restoring from register
@ 2012-05-26  1:46 Kelly Dean
From: Kelly Dean @ 2012-05-26  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: 11561

I'm using Emacs on X on Debian 6 Stable. emacs-version says GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0) of 2010-12-11 on raven, modified by Debian.
Steps to reproduce the bug:
emacs -Q
C-x b foo ret
C-x 2
C-x r w a
C-x 1
C-x k ret
C-x r j a
Notice that in the bottom window, you get a buffer named "*Minibuf-1*". Press M-x and type something; notice that your text appears both in the minibuffer and in the bottom window. Surely this is a bug.

Previously I managed to get it to give an error message "exit-minibuffer: No catch for tag: exit, nil", but I don't remember how, and my notes say that this had something to do with ido-mode, but I don't remember why. It was a couple weeks ago.
Just now while verifying reproduction of the window corruption, I did it a little differently and managed to lock up Emacs with 100% CPU usage, and got a segfault when I killed it, but I can't reproduce that. Too bad that dumping core isn't the default anymore.

* bug#11561: Window config corruption when restoring from register
@ 2012-05-26  3:10 ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2012-05-26  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Kelly Dean; +Cc: 11561

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 3:46 AM, Kelly Dean <kellydeanch@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Notice that in the bottom window, you get a buffer named "*Minibuf-1*". Press M-x and type something; notice that your text appears both in the minibuffer and in the bottom window. Surely this is a bug.

This is reproducible with 23.X (up to 23.4), but it does not happen
with 24.0.97 (there is much window stuff changed in 24.1 with respect
to 23.X).

    Juanma