On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 6:57 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > The comparison should use file-equal-p. Yes, that's one of the ugly ways to fix it that I mentioned. "Ugly" because the test, through a macro, is not comparing file names, but two structures, which happen to have a field that contains a filename. IOW, we'll have to go from (should (equal xref (or (when (consp expected) (car expected)) expected))) to defining a new comparing function, specific to this test. Which I suppose I'll eventually do.