On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 8:27 PM Stefan Monnier wrote: > A compile-time option seems plenty to get that experience. I think most users of Emacs on Windows do not build their own Emacs. So, if we want GDI+ support to be tested so we can trust it, we would need to "distribute" (as we do know, non-officially) two different binaries. Which means that a user that knows nothing about the current image libraries *or* GDI+ has to decide beforehand and without enough information; or alternatively we would need to "push" the GDI+ build as preferable, which would be weird for a new feature that can potentially cause problems.