all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#16014: Inconsistent loading of image libraries on Windows
@ 2013-11-30 15:35 Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2013-11-30 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 16014

Running consecutive instances of emacs.exe from the very same command
line, it sometimes loads libpng, and sometimes it doesn't.

The recipe is as simple as opening a cmd shell and running "emacs -q",
exiting the Emacs instance and repeating these steps a few times. Most
of the time Emacs does not load libpng, though sometimes it does.

In the images I've done M-x list-dynamic-libraries to show the
difference, though the lack of the Emacs logo is quite enough to see
when the library has been loaded and when it hasn't.

This has started happening quite recently, though I'm not sure when.

[-- Attachment #2: bug-bad.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 70504 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: bug-good.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 94603 bytes --]

* bug#16014: Inconsistent loading of image libraries on Windows
@ 2013-11-30 19:13 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2013-11-30 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juanma Barranquero; +Cc: 16014-done

> From: Juanma Barranquero <lekktu@gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 16:35:44 +0100
>
> Running consecutive instances of emacs.exe from the very same command
> line, it sometimes loads libpng, and sometimes it doesn't.

It's again that timing thing with making the initial frame visible.

Fixed in trunk revision 115316.

* bug#16014: Inconsistent loading of image libraries on Windows
@ 2013-11-30 22:00   ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2013-11-30 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: 16014-done

Thanks.