Ok, we have a new thread (thanks, Nicolas). Could we use it to clarify what's the policy on public branches on the repo (or, in general, our nettiquete wrt the emacs repo)? (So we can document it.) One thing that I dislike is having 66 branches in git branch -r, of which 41 are definitely obsolete (other-branches/* and old-branches/* are, except for cairo, between 3 and 18 years old) Among the non-(old|other) branches there are also a few (the last four in this list) that seem too less than active: origin/master 28 minutes ago origin/concurrency 3 days ago origin/fix/no-undo-boundary-on-secondary-buffer-change 8 days ago origin/scratch/isearch-show-toggles 8 days ago origin/xwidget_mvp 2 weeks ago origin/scratch/dbusbind-type-tests 9 weeks ago origin/scratch/dbusbind-type 10 weeks ago origin/emacs-24 3 months ago origin/stream 3 months ago origin/scratch/project 4 months ago origin/scratch/quote-escaping 4 months ago origin/scratch/dynamic-modules-2 5 months ago origin/scratch/remove-internal-field 6 months ago origin/scratch/highlight-n-windows 7 months ago origin/scratch/fix-info-dups 7 months ago origin/shr-fontified 9 months ago origin/xwidget 9 months ago origin/scratch/xref 10 months ago origin/dynamic-modules-rc2 11 months ago origin/nsm 12 months ago origin/emacs-23 2 years, 9 months ago origin/pending 3 years, 7 months ago origin/gtk-tabs 5 years ago origin/x-tabs 5 years ago I know that some old branches (though not all) are perhaps of historical interest. But, isn't there any way to remove them and yet keep their content from being pruned? Tags or something?