all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#2365: Emacs-22.3 building issue.
@ 2009-02-17 23:06 James
From: James @ 2009-02-17 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bug-gnu-emacs

Hi

I downloaded the source emacs-22.3 unzipped and un-tar'd it.  The
./configure ran fine and I also I have gcc and the dependencies.

However, when I try to build it on solaris 10 I get a Fatal error: don't
know how to make target 'epaths.h'

I have searched the web for this or like problems but can come up with
nothing helpful.  Do you have any idea what my issue is?

Many thanks

James

* bug#2365: Emacs-22.3 building issue.
@ 2009-02-18  5:30 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2009-02-18  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James; +Cc: 2365

"James" wrote:

> I downloaded the source emacs-22.3 unzipped and un-tar'd it.  The
> ./configure ran fine and I also I have gcc and the dependencies.
>
> However, when I try to build it on solaris 10 I get a Fatal error: don't
> know how to make target 'epaths.h'

It's generated at the end of configure, so presumably the configure
did not run fine. Check the configure output for errors.

At the very end you should see:

config.status: creating leim/Makefile
config.status: creating src/config.h
config.status: executing default commands
creating src/epaths.h
creating lib-src/Makefile
creating src/Makefile

* bug#2365: Emacs-22.3 building issue.
@ 2011-07-09 22:20   ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2011-07-09 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James; +Cc: 2365-done

This a bug about building a three years old release, and no more
information has been forthcoming in almost a year and a half, so I'm
closing it.

    Juanma