On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 3:14 PM, Alan Mackenzie wrote: > I > think most of us would prefer the experiment to end with John's position > as maintainer confirmed. As would I, in case there's any doubt. > As one of the people to blame for > starting it, I think it is a reasonable request from our > (trial-)maintainer to stop it, It is. It is also reasonable not to expect compliance if some people just disagree with the request. > Personally, I think it would be a good thing for this thread to end, > now. I think it is now more relevant than ever. We're now discussing not git, but emacs-devel nettiquete and the dangers and pitfalls of the maintainership. What could be more on-topic? ;-)