all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* new function url-insert-buffer-contents missing at runtime (both on master and on emacs-25)
@ 2015-11-16  8:59 Cesar Quiroz
From: Cesar Quiroz @ 2015-11-16  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Maybe just needs to be made autoloadable, like its file-contents sibling?

This function was just introduced at commit

7cc233e1e3da297882c006c1f07c628fbd4e94d5

Trigger the error by starting emacs and saying M-x list-packages.
Work around it by (load-library "url-handlers") or equivalent.

--César

You can run the command ‘list-packages’ with M-x l-pac RET
error in process filter: Symbol’s function definition is void:
url-insert-buffer-contents [4 times]
Package refresh done
error in process filter: Symbol’s function definition is void:
url-insert-buffer-contents [2 times]

* Re: new function url-insert-buffer-contents missing at runtime (both on master and on emacs-25)
@ 2015-11-22  7:24 ` daniel sutton
From: daniel sutton @ 2015-11-22  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cesar Quiroz; +Cc: emacs-devel

This is still an issue it seems.

Offending line is a call to url-insert-buffer-contents at 1171 in
lisp/emacs-lisp/package.el. I inserted a (require 'url-handlers) as you
mentioned and it seems to be working for me.

I have also been able to verify that I am not able to install packages
using list-packages with this bug.

@ 2015-11-22  7:32   ` Cesar Quiroz
From: Cesar Quiroz @ 2015-11-22  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: daniel sutton; +Cc: emacs-devel