Actually, we have that already. It's a defcustom called custom-theme-directory. It only holds one directory, and it is safe to be customised by the user. On 8 Oct 2015 4:46 am, "John Wiegley" wrote: > > >>>>> Artur Malabarba writes: > > > I'd like to downgrade this defcustom into a defvar, so that users cannot > > customize it by accident. It should not be a defcustom in the same way that > > load-path isn't. > > > Would anyone object? > > What about having two load-paths, the way that we have > Info-default-directory-list, and Info-directory-list. The former is intended > to be customized and is not added to, while the second is derived from the > first initially, but possibly added to as Emacs runs. > > John >