Fair enough. On Apr 23, 2015 10:10 PM, "Eli Zaretskii" wrote: > > Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 22:59:23 +0300 > > From: Dmitry Gutov > > CC: larsi@gnus.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org > > > > On 04/23/2015 10:55 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > > > >> Either way, I think the relevant metric is precisely the number of > > >> *committers*. > > > > > > Not for us, no. Committers don't write code, they just commit. What > > > we need is more active developers, i.e. authors. > > > > Of course we do, but people who just send patches are much less affected > > by the choice of the VCS. > > That's not what we were told when this issue came up in the past. To > send a patch, you need to clone the repository, develop and test the > patch, send it for review, update it several times according to > comments, rebase it as master gets new commits, etc. All of which > involves the VCS, and so many people said they will not consider > becoming contributors unless we switched to Git. > >