all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Programmer dvorak input method
@ 2015-12-07 13:01 Joakim Jalap
From: Joakim Jalap @ 2015-12-07 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello all!

I'm not sure this is the correct way to do this, so if not I apologize
for the noise.

Attached is a new input method, 'programmer dvorak' by Roland Kaufman
(www.kaufmann.no). I've had it in my conf for a while, but I thought
maybe someone else might be interested, and I figure it won't do any
harm anyway.

I've tried to model headers and such around the new 'tamil-dvorak.el'
file, so I hope they are ok.

 Joakim

[-- Attachment #2: programmer-dvorak.el --]

* Re: Programmer dvorak input method
@ 2015-12-07 15:14 ` John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2015-12-07 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joakim Jalap; +Cc: emacs-devel

> I'm not sure this is the correct way to do this, so if not I apologize for
> the noise.

I take it this is a submission for inclusion in GNU ELPA?  Have you signed a
copyright assignment over to the FSF yet for this package?

* Re: Programmer dvorak input method
@ 2015-12-07 15:50   ` Joakim Jalap
From: Joakim Jalap @ 2015-12-07 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

John Wiegley <jwiegley@gmail.com> writes:

> I take it this is a submission for inclusion in GNU ELPA?

Yes, I guess. I don't really know where input methods fit best?

If it is for GNU ELPA, should I put [ELPA] in the subject?

> Have you signed a copyright assignment over to the FSF yet for this
> package?

Yes, I have!

* Re: Programmer dvorak input method
@ 2015-12-07 15:57     ` John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2015-12-07 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joakim Jalap; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Yes, I guess. I don't really know where input methods fit best?
> If it is for GNU ELPA, should I put [ELPA] in the subject?

Just letting me know is enough.

>> Have you signed a copyright assignment over to the FSF yet for this
>> package?

> Yes, I have!

Excellent, thank you for your contribution! We'll add this to ELPA. It may
move into core in future, but ELPA is a good place to start for new modules.

* Re: Programmer dvorak input method
@ 2015-12-08  0:14       ` Artur Malabarba
From: Artur Malabarba @ 2015-12-08  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joakim Jalap, emacs-devel

I think the package also needs a line that looks like this:

;;;###autoload(register-input-method "programmers-dvorak" "English"
'quail-use-package "DVP@" "English (ASCII) input method for
programmers Dvorak layout." "programmer-dvorak")

IIUC, this should ensure that the input-method is available just by
installing the package, while the package won't be loaded until the
method is actually activated.

@ 2015-12-08 20:20         ` Joakim Jalap
From: Joakim Jalap @ 2015-12-08 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel