On 10 Dec 2014 20:07, "Stefan Monnier" wrote: > > > Modern completion systems usually show completions automatically. > > You just type and the completions are shown. This is how it works in > > various applications, google, etc. > > I'd like to include company-mode in Emacs-25.1. > Whether it can or should be enabled by default is not decided yet, but > my guess is that it won't be enabled by default in 25.1. While I like and use company mode, I can see it would be a problem to enable it by default. Its default behaviour defines a lot of unusual keybinds while completion is happening. Since completion happens automatically, you find that half your keybinds stop working out of the blue.