Posted on subreddit. Still a small fraction of all users, though. https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/2x13db/does_anyone_ever_use_saveexcursion_to_preserve/ On Feb 24, 2015 5:11 PM, "Barry Warsaw" wrote: > On Feb 24, 2015, at 02:27 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote: > > >It does seem risky. At the same time, I can't find a single piece of code > >that relies on this functionality so far. So either the risk is > minuscule, > >or I haven't looked in the right way. Hence this thread, to try and see > who > >and how might rely on this. > > Sure, and that's appreciated, but of course most Emacs users probably don't > read this mailing list. :) > > Cheers, > -Barry >