On 11 Oct 2015 11:33 am, "Michael Heerdegen" wrote: > + ;; FIXME: an interesting alternative would be to really integrate it > + ;; with Isearch, using `isearch-search-fun-function'. > + ;; Alas, this is not trivial if we want to transfer our optimizations. > (interactive) > (el-search-pattern > (el-search--read-pattern Can you explain why? I've been thinking of making some refactorings to isearch (after the feature freeze) and I could try to extend isearch-search-fun-function to cover your use case if it's not too hard. Best, Artur