On 3 Sep 2015 4:08 am, "Jean-Christophe Helary" < jean.christophe.helary@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > On Sep 3, 2015, at 11:41, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > > > That goes against long-standing Emacs practice, and I envision strong > > objections. > > Even if the current behavior were to be emulated by appropriate variables? Yes, and you can count me among those objections. When I first started with emacs, case folding by default was something I liked a lot, before I ever knew how to configure this stuff. I also only learned about lax whitespace when it became the default (IIRC). It was a feature that already existed and yet I had no idea because it wasn't default.