On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 6:35 AM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Artur Malabarba > > Cc: 23246@debbugs.gnu.org > > Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2016 17:06:01 -0300 > > > > Eli Zaretskii writes: > > > > > Why did you expect them to be blue? Tooltips are special frames that > > > don't display any buffer, whereas face-remap-add-relative is > > > documented as affecting only the buffer that was current at the time > > > it was called. > > > > Sorry, to me it wasn't obvious that tooltips are different frames. > > I've added to the ELisp manual some documentation about that, which > makes it clear these are frames. > > > I want to change the way tooltips are displayed in a major-mode I'm > > writing. I don't want to change this face globally for the user, only > > change it in the buffers where this major-mode is active. > > > > I understand that might not be possible, in which case feel free to > > close. > > I think you can achieve that by putting your own hook function on the > tooltip-functions list. > > Let me know if there's anything else to do about this bug report. > No, I think we can close this. Thanks for the help. And thanks to martin too. `x-show-tip' just might work.