Hi I was convinced by the discussions here that changing seq-contains is a bad idea. I had the false premise that ELT=nil makes seq-contains return nil. If I could make a suggestion, it would be include an &optional NOT-FOUND to be the value returned in case of not finding any element matching TESTFN. Cheers Miguel Em sex, 15 de mar de 2019 12:56, Basil L. Contovounesios escreveu: > Michael Heerdegen writes: > > > "Miguel V. S. Frasson" writes: > > > >> In any case, of another implementation for seq-intersection or not, I > >> think that the solution from Stefan should be implemented anyway > >> because > >> > >> * it makes seq-contains provide a useful return value when ELT=nil, so > >> it is a good exception; If ELT=nil, seq-contains currently returns nil > >> anyway; > >> > >> * it makes seq-contains become a real predicate function, making it > >> more useful; > >> > >> * since seq-contains has been used as predicate before, it is > >> unpredictable which code uses it out of official repositories, so this > >> fix potentially fixes other code. > > > > BTW, another (alternative) alternative would be to make it return > > (list ELT). That would be a bit less backward-compatible, but a > > bit more consistent. > > +1, either this or returning a boolean is fine with me. > > -- > Basil >