Greetings! Basically, emacs has crashed on Win XP/7 for me, every time while I closed it, since 23.x. I'm on the latest release, and being completely fed up now, I finally decided to do something about it. The fastest way to provide a context and background of my problem is to provide this Stack Exchange link: http://superuser.com/questions/576512/emacs-24-3-on-windows-7-does-not-close-properly @Eli told me to get in touch here: Ask the person who produced emacs.exe to tell you where he/she > downloaded libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll, and what are its size and time stamp. > Then look for that version of the DLL on that very site. > Thanks for any help you have on this one, people. Best, surio. On 3 April 2013 21:02, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 20:29:40 +0530 > > From: Sawbones Surio > > Cc: eliz@gnu.org > > > > So the conclusion is that libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll that came with gnuplot is > > incompatible with what Emacs was linked against. To solve this > > without having to remove gnuplot, find the file libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll > > that Emacs is using now (e.g., by using the "depends" program), and > > copy it into the same directory where you have emacs.exe. > > > > Hi, > > > > I'm having exactly the same problem. > > See here: > http://superuser.com/questions/576512/emacs-24-3-on-windows-7-does-not-close-properly > > > > But there is a slight twist in the tale for me: > > In my case, "libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll" was never seen in dependency walker. > Whoa! > > And I had ~16 of those libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll files in various FOSS modules. > > Per your suggestion, I tried pasting these dlls from 3-4 different > > applications, one at a time, into \bin\emacs.exe dir, but I still get > > the same error. > > > > Since this was not going anywhere, I've decided to let the list know > > of this behaviour. > > > > Any suggestions? > > Ask the person who produced emacs.exe to tell you where he/she > downloaded libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll, and what are its size and time stamp. > Then look for that version of the DLL on that very site. >