On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Jambunathan K wrote: > Xue Fuqiao writes: > >> I'm not sure. But Emacs from trunk works well on my machine: > > Is it XFCE? [1] No, it's Unity (see my previous screenshot). But Emacs from trunk also works on my Xfce (4.10) desktop. (See the new screenshot.) > I am willing to debug further, if only someone could give me some > starting points. I am not much familiar with X or WMs. Me too. > [1] I remember Juri Linkov fixing a bug wrt ediff which could only be > seen with XFCE. So this behaviour I am seeing MAY be peculiar to XFCE. -- http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/